All Democrats in Douglas County, GA are invited to participate in the activities and events of the Douglas County Democratic Committee if you reside in, and registered to vote in Douglas County. The best way to start is by attending our monthly general meeting. We meet on the second Saturday of each month at 10:00am. Location: St Julian’s Episcopal Church, Parish Hall, 5400 Stewart Mill Rd, Douglasville, GA 30135.
Some months, we feature prominent members of the Democratic community as guest speakers. We report on the latest news, issues and activities are given by our Chair, Vice Chairs, Constituency Groups, County Committee members, and guests.
If you’re interested in becoming a voting member of the body, the process is a little more involved. Voting members of the Douglas County Democratic Committee are called Post Seat Holder. Being a Post Seat Holder permits you to formally vote on County Committee business.
Our meeting protocol is governed by our ByLaws and follows Robert’s Rule of Order.
Membership contributions are $40 per calendar year for individuals, and $75 for families.
Dues are paid through PayPal. (Do not be concerned that the form says “Donate”)
- Enter the amount for your dues.
- Leave all check boxes unchecked.
- Select your method of payment.
Need to register to vote or change your address?
- Download a voter registration application on the Secretary of State’s website here.
- To register to vote in Georgia, you must be a citizen of the United States; a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote; and at least 17 ½ years of age.
- To register, you must fill out and submit a voter registration application to the Secretary of State or your county board of registrars’ office.
- You may also obtain voter registration forms from your county board of registrars’ office.
- Voters can also register through the Department of Driver Services when renewing or applying for driver’s license or ID.
County Elections & Voter Registration
8700 Hospital Drive – First Floor, Douglas County Courthouse Douglasville, Georgia 30134
Phone: 770.920.7213 – Fax: 770.920.7410