All Democrats in Douglas County, GA are invited to participate in the activities and events of the Douglas County Democratic Committee if you reside in, and registered to vote in Douglas County. The best way to start is by attending our monthly general meeting. We meet on the second Saturday of each month at 10:00am. Location: St Julian’s Episcopal Church, Parish Hall, 5400 Stewart Mill Rd, Douglasville, GA 30135.
Some months, we feature prominent members of the Democratic community as guest speakers. We report on the latest news, issues and activities are given by our Chair, Vice Chairs, Constituency Groups, County Committee members, and guests.
If you’re interested in becoming a voting member of the body, the process is a little more involved. Voting members of the Douglas County Democratic Committee are called Post Seat Holder. Being a Post Seat Holder permits you to formally vote on County Committee business.
Our meeting protocol is governed by our ByLaws and follows Robert’s Rule of Order.
Membership contributions are $35 per calendar year for individuals, and $70 for families.
DOUGLAS COUNTY DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE as of JANUARY 2020
First Vice Chair
Second Vice Chair
Third Vice Chair
Maurice C. Hurry
POST SEAT HOLDERS District 1 Seat 1 /G – Ferrow Bridges District 1 Seat 2 /P – Myesha Good District 1 Seat 3 /G – Sonia Turner District 1 Seat 4 /P – Ed Krebs District 1 Seat 5 /G – David Good District 1 Seat 6 /P – Tracy Crooks District 2 Seat 1 /G – Elva Armenta District 2 Seat 2 /P – Eddie Compton District 2 Seat 3 /G – Christina Peterson District 2 Seat 4 /P – Lisa Martin District 2 Seat 5 /G – Anthony Britt District 2 Seat 6 /P – Gwyndolyn Parker At Large 1 /G – Elaine (EJ) Westley At Large 2 /P – Free Polazzo
District 3 Seat 1 /G – Allan Nottingham District 3 Seat 2 /P – Vacant District 3 Seat 3 /G – Sylvia Wayfer District 3 Seat 4 /P – Cindy Fedack District 3 Seat 5 /G – Dave Fedack District 3 Seat 6 /P – Tony Carthan District 4 Seat 1 /G – Ingrid Landis-Davis District 4 Seat 2 /P – Vacant District 4 Seat 3 /G – Dr Robin Zuniga-Ortega District 4 Seat 4 /P – Maurice C Hurry District 4 Seat 5 /G – Louis Howe District 4 Seat 6 /P – Farin Robinson
Need to register to vote or change your address?
- Download a voter registration application on the Secretary of State’s website here.
- To register to vote in Georgia, you must be a citizen of the United States; a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote; and at least 17 ½ years of age.
- To register, you must fill out and submit a voter registration application to the Secretary of State or your county board of registrars’ office.
- You may also obtain voter registration forms from your county board of registrars’ office.
- Voters can also register through the Department of Driver Services when renewing or applying for driver’s license or ID.
Complete the form and submit it to:
County Elections & Voter Registration
8700 Hospital Drive – First Floor, Douglas County Courthouse
Douglasville, Georgia 30134
Phone: 770.920.7213 – Fax: 770.920.7410